Monday, January 19, 2015
9:24 PM Image Designs, LLC
Image Design, LLC of Grand Rapids Receives
Best Of Houzz 2015 Awards
Over 25 Million Monthly Unique Users Rated Top-Rated Home Building,
Remodeling and Design Professionals in the United States and Around the World
Grand Rapids, Michigan, January 19, 2015 – Image Design, LLC of Grand Rapids, has been awarded “Best Of Houzz” for Design & Customer Satisfaction by Houzz, the leading platform for home remodeling and design. The national award winning residential design firm was chosen by the more than 25 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than 500,000 active home building, remodeling and design industry professionals.
The Best Of Houzz award is given in two categories: Design and Customer Satisfaction. Design award winners’ work was the most popular among the more than 25 million monthly users on Houzz, known as “Houzzers.” Customer Satisfaction honors are determined by a variety of factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received in 2014. Winners will receive a “Best Of Houzz 2015” badge on their profiles, helping Houzz users around the world who discover and love a professional’s work to learn even more about that business’ popularity and satisfaction rating among their peers in the Houzz community.
“We are very honored to be recognized by the online community at Houzz.com for our work in the design arena. Thank you very much.” – Eric A. Hughes, President at Image Design, LLC
“Houzz provides homeowners with a 360 degree view of home building, remodeling and design industry professionals, empowering them to engage the right people and products for their project,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of industry marketing for Houzz. “We’re delighted to recognize Eric A. Hughes of Image Design, LLC among our “Best Of” professionals as judged by our community of homeowners and design enthusiasts who are actively remodeling and decorating their homes.”
Follow Image Design, LLC on Houzz http://www.houzz.com/pro/eahughes/image-design-llc
About Image Design, LLC
West Michigan’s LEEDing residential design firm, Image Design, LLC is a nationally recognized Sustainable/Green Residential Design firm based in Grand Rapids. They specialize in designing LEED for Homes, Energy Star and ZeroStep certified homes.
About HouzzHouzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community powered by social tools, Houzz is the easiest way for people to find inspiration, get advice, buy products and hire the professionals they need to help turn their ideas into reality. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, Houzz also has international offices in London, Berlin and Sydney. For more information, visit www.houzz.com
Friday, January 16, 2015
7:34 PM Image Designs, LLC
SEED Studios, LLC is our new internet base house plan company that will be selling the sustainable/green house plans that Eric Hughes of Image Design, LLC has designed. All of the plans that will be sold on this site have achieved LEED for Homes, Energy Star, Zero Step or some other green building certification. The website should go live by the end of next month. with the hopes of adding a new house plan every month there after. Please visit the weblog for more updates
Sustainable & Attainable Homes
Monday, January 12, 2015
10:47 AM Image Designs, LLC
Kent Career Tech Center Business Partner for their Sustainable Energy System program which is run by Jason Kalis. As a business partner we'll bring our expertise into the Tech Center to evaluate student work and help keep their programs current. The Sustainable Energy System program investigate the science and engineering behind emerging technologies in wind, solar, battery and bio-fuels power. Understand the pros and cons of various energy sources and the dynamics that influence national or global energy policy. And prepares their students for new careers in energy generation and distribution at the local or systems level. Please checkout their other programs
Friday, January 09, 2015
7:05 PM Image Designs, LLC
- Breathing home indoor radon causes nearly one hundred times more deaths each year than carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
- Some 20,000 people will die this year due to breathing too much radon without even knowing it.
- Radon is estimated to be a health risk in as many as one in fifteen homes throughout the country.
- One in eight homes in Michigan (EPA's map of Michigan radon zones) have elevated levels of radon
My goal this month is to raise your awareness of Radon and to teach you how we at Image Design take extra steps in our plans to reduce your risks of Radon.
At Image Design we include all these Radon prevention techniques in our sets of plans:
- Gas Permeable Layer. This layer is placed beneath the slab or flooring system to allow the soil gas to move freely underneath the house. In many cases, the material used is a 4-inch layer of clean gravel.
- Plastic Sheeting. Plastic sheeting is placed on top of the gas permeable layer and under the slab to help prevent the soil gas from entering the home. In crawlspaces, the sheeting is placed over the crawlspace floor.
- Sealing and Caulking. All openings in the concrete foundation floor are sealed to reduce soil gas entry into the home.
- Vent Pipe. A 3- or 4-inch gas-tight or PVC pipe (commonly used for plumbing) runs from the gas permeable layer through the house to the roof to safely vent radon and other soil gases above the house this system is called Passive Radon Mitigation. If , after your house is complete, a test determines that levels are still too high, you may have to convert to an Active Radon Mitigation System by installing a fan than runs continuously which creates low pressure under the slab and increases the rate of gas evacuation..
- Junction Box. An electrical junction box is installed in case an electric venting fan is needed later.
For more information please visit these web-sites.
Friday, January 02, 2015
7:03 PM Image Designs, LLC
|Image Design Website|