|LEED for Homes "Gold" Project For Sale|
The home was the show home for the 2009 Michigan Energy Fair and the winner of the 2009/2010 ICFA Small Residential Gold Award and the 2009/2010 ICFA Sustainability Silver Award. Beside achieving LEED for Homes "Gold" certification the home achieved 5+ Energy Star certification and a HERs score of 48. The 2010 and 2011 total utility bills averaged $1048 annually $87.38 monthly. This home has no mechanical HVAC, a Tulikivi Masonry Unit Heat provides radiant heat with backup electric baseboard heat. The entire house has been heated by roughly 7-10 face cords of hardwood firewood per winter. Wood was cut from the property (ash and suger maple), if purchased commercially this would has cost roughly $425.00 per winter. Only one fire a day is sufficient for 95% of the heating season. No constant stoking is required with these types of fireplaces. Below please find the key features of this home.
Key Feature of this Home are:
- 60 acres.
- 3 bedrooms, master on the main floor.
- 2 1/2 baths.
- Main Floor laundry.
- BuildBlock ICF exterior walls.
- Tulikivi Masonry Unit Heater (Model TTU2700 with bake oven).
- Programmable in floor radiant electric heat in all bathrooms.
- Automatic dog door.
- Andersen 400 Series Energy Star Windows.
- Soytherm open cell spray foam insulation.
- TOTO dual flush ADA complaint toilets.
- Cement Board siding.
- Premium Kasselwood metal roof shingles.
- Energy Star ceiling fans provide all the "AC" you'll ever need.
- Passive solar designed.
- Maple, Tile and Polished concrete flooring throughout home.
- Solar Hot water system w/85 gallon insulated Marathon electric water heater.
- No-VOC Paints, floor treatments and caulks use in construction.
- Energy Star refrigerator and washing machine.
- Soapstone Countertops.
- 80% efficiency whole house Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV).
- Pre-wired for future wind turbine installation.
- External plug and wiring ready for a full size home generator.
- Detached 3 stall garage with a 12' x 12' basement and adjacent 12'x 12' stone floored ventilated root cellar.
- 24' x24' loft over the middle two stalls designed to be finished for guest quarters or home office.
Leeding the way/Green Homes