Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Dad at Lake Charlevoix
It's been away while since I have written anything here. Many of you know that for the past 3 years I have been the primary caregiver to my father who suffered from dementia. While this has taken a lot of irreplaceable time from my family and my businesses over the last three years I was able to get know my father in a way I never expected too. Besides being my father he became a mentor, and one of my best friends. In the past three year he's taught me how to be a better husband, father, man and friend, he's taught me to be more caring, to put other before myself , to have empathy for others, patience and how to forgive myself and others.

I lost my father on April 11th, 2016 to health issues along with his dementia. It's taken me a while to get use to not having to take care of him. I was at peace with his passing because I feel blessed to have spent so much time with him these past three years. I feel I got to know more about him and his life and our family than I every knew before and I feel I am a better husband, father, man, friend and person because of my time spent with him.

So my goal from now on is to be a better husband, father, friend and businessman and to never forget the valuable lessons, mistakes, advise my father has taught me so I can teacher other to be the kind of man he was and I want to be.

I'll miss you my father, mentor and friend!

0 comments :